Lettuce Salad Recipes
Have it as An Appetizer, Main Course or Vegetable Side Dish
Here you will find some easy lettuce salad recipes to try at home.
Lettuce salad (Lactuca Sativa) is the queen of salads. Lettuce comes in different varieties. There is a saying in French that ”A garden without lettuce salad is like having a pizza without olives in it”
The lettuce is a temperate annual or biennial plant of the daisy family Asteraceae
Lettuce Salad Is Not Just A Simple Salad
When we think of nutritive elements, the first thing that comes in our mind are the seeds of fruits and vegetables. The lettuce may not appear at all in our list of nutritional items. This is where we are wrong.
The lettuce provides our body with variety of minerals and micronutrients. The potassium itself represents 1/3 of mineral elements. The vitamins achieved from the lettuce salad helps limit cellular aging and reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Lettuce Salad – How to eat it?
In France, lettuce is used in preparation of starters or appetizers. It is also served as a vegetable side dish. We also have salad after our main course with a platter of cheese and wine. It can also form part of a main course with other ingredients.
Here is a quick lettuce recipe.
Lettuce Salad With Garden Peas
6 Servings – Preparation: 20 mn – Cooking: 20 mn
- 500 gm of garden peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lettuce salad
- 12 Radish
- 2 Eggs
- 4 table spoons of Olive Oil
- 2 table spoons of lemon juice
- a can of Anchovy fillets
- 125 gm of cooked chicken slices
- 20 green and black olives
- salt and pepper
- cook the garden peas for 15 minutes in salted boiling water, drain the water and put them in a Salad bowl to let it cool
- Wash the lettuce, drain the water thoroughly and then cut them into six equal parts
- Hard boil the eggs, peel them and cut them in halves. Now remove the egg yolks and smash them.
- Cut the egg whites in small pieces and add them to the garden peas
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, the smashed egg yolks, salt and pepper in a small bowl with a wooden spatula
- Now place the lettuce around the peas in the salad bowl. Then cover the garden peas with anchovy fillets, radish and chicken cut in strips
- Pour the sauce mixture over the preparation and decorate it with olives
That’s it!! you now have a delicious lettuce salad recipe. Bon Appétit!!
One response to “Lettuce Salad Recipes”
[…] Lettuce Salad With Garden Peas […]