Orange Cake Recipe
A Perfect Tea-time Snack!
This orange cake recipe is the easiest of all. I could say that it is the base of orange cake. It is simple but has a delicious flavour.
The combination of almonds and orange makes it special.
The orange fragrance that you will get while baking will make you feel like taking it out of the oven instantly and eating it.
Orange cake comes in various tastes such as orange sponge cake, orange nut cake, orange and lemon cream cake. These are a bit harder to prepare.
I prepare this easy dessert recipe quite often. We have it for breakfast, as a tea snack and the kids love to include it in their lunch box.
Easy Orange Cake Recipe
8 Servings – Preparation: 25 mn – Baking: 50 mn
- 4 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 100g flour (mixed with a pinch of baking powder)
- 100g Almond powder
- Finely grated zest of 1 Orange
- Few drops of orange blossom essence
- 200g of melted butter
- Icing sugar (for dusting) – optional
- Butter and flour for greasing the mould
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a mixer until the mix thickens and whitens. Pour in a big bowl. Next add the melted butter to the mixture and mix well.
- Mix the almond powder and flour together with baking powder. Add little by little to the mixer and continually beating it with a plastic or wooden spatula or hand egg beater. Now add the orange zest. Mix all the ingredients well until it becomes a homogene.
- Grease a mould with butter and flour. Pour the mixture in the mould and bake in oven at 210° C (th 7). To check if the cake is baked, insert a clean knife in the cake, if the knife comes out clean then your cake is ready and you can take it out. Remove the cake from the mould on a grill and let it cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
So what are we waiting for and let’s start baking this delicious orange cake!