Beet Salad Recipe
Easy Vegetable Salad Recipes To Try At Home
Here is a quick and easy beet salad recipe. Do you like beets? It is one of my favorite vegetable. Beets can be eaten raw and cooked. It can be taken as a fresh juice drink, as salads and also as a main dish.
Many don’t like to eat beet vegetable and some have no idea how to eat it, where as others don’t like its taste.
It can turn out to be an excellent dish if properly prepared.
Due to its richness in sugar, it is often used in making fresh juice drinks combining with other fruits and vegetables. It goes well with tomatoes, carrots, oranges, apple and strawberry.
Have you ever tried it? It is a very healthy juice drink rich with minerals and vitamins.
You can also have it as vegetable salads. It can be eaten cooked. I like to use beets a lot with beef or lamb curry. It gives a very delicious flavor and color to the curry sauce.
Here is a simple beet salad recipe. It is a combination of various vegetables such as the potatoes, carrots, white beans and beets.
A healthy Salad Recipes for someone who is very diet conscious. Lots of fibers and minerals to keep you in good form.
Beet Salad Recipe
6 Servings – Preparation: 30 min – Cooking: 20 min
- 1 red Beetroot
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 Small can of white beans
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 3 cornichons (gherkins) in vinegar
- 2 table spoons of crushed walnuts
- 1 table spoon of chopped dill
- 3 table spoons of mustard
- 3 table spoons of walnut oil
- 1 table spoon of wine vinegar
- 1 dash of Tabasco
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the potatoes in the vapor and then peel the skin.
- Peel the carrots and cook them for 20 mn in the vapor.
- Peel the onions then slice them very thinly.
- Drain the water of the white beans from the can.
- Finely chop the dill
- Wash the beetroot in running water to clean of any soil from it and then peel the skin.
- Now cut all the vegetables into small cubes and also the cornichons (gherkin).
- Now in a small bowl, prepare the sauce by emulsifying the mustard, vinegar and the oil.
- Add the chopped dill, crushed walnut, salt and pepper.
- Put all the ingredients in a salad dish and sprinkle some sauce.
Let it cool for 1 hour then serve it.
I hope you will enjoy this raw beetroot salad recipe.